What could we do better at proved.co?

Eliminating not serious users

Would be better if the system filtered the people who seem to be not serious when answering or writing their feedback with a hastily written set of letters like "jkhsjsd". In my report I had lots of them both from excellent and very poor feedback, which gave me feel that those people even didn't read the idea and it made me very unhappy. Not writing is OK, but writing like above is a joke.

It would be great if the system automatically eliminated the users who have more than 5-6 words/phrases which don't make any sense, by using spell check function. Since it is in English, it should be very easy to do.

Unfortunately we don't I have the chance of reporting them, otherwise I would report all of these.

4 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Fuad AliyevFuad Aliyev shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Proved.co teamAdminProved.co team (Admin, Proved.co) commented  · 

Hi Fuad,

Thank you very much for your feedback.
        We're a constantly working on the quality of answers and depth of comments given by the users.

Unfortunately, people are not machines, and we can hardly force them all to give insightful feedback. Open-ended responses require greater time and mental effort from the user; and some personal characteristics can also impact likelihood of responding to these questions. Also, different ideas get different number of comments - more attractive and relevant ideas get more comments.

Our approach to this general problem in surveying is as follows: five rating scale questions about an idea are obligatory, responding to open-ends 'whys' is not obligatory; however, we use several tricks to motivate and engage users that makes our response rate to 'free comments' quite high, far above average.

Your suggestion to eliminate users with 'bad' answers would bias the final scores. Therefore, we would rather consider eliminating their responses to open-ends, but would not consider eliminating users from the sample.

Despite the general problem of low response rates to open-ends, the qualitative data can still provide rich information.

Feedback and Knowledge Base